- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Covington, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Shipping Manager is responsible to plan, direct, or coordinate the storage or distribution operations through work instructions aimed at the goals set by the company and / or corporate, to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Customer Focus
- Communication skills
- Energy and Stress management
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Perform trusted link process to download releases on CMS.
- Make sure releases have not been duplicated.
- Follow up on shipping schedules (weekly & daily).
- Transportation access authorization.
- Generates shipping paperwork.
- ASN validation.
- Paperwork records.
- Customer´s tickets respond.
- Reports open issues at on shift change.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Respond to customers' or shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services. Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
- Develop or implement plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space allocation or structural design.
- Track and trace goods while they are en route to their destinations, expediting orders when necessary.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- University Degree in related field or similar.
- More 5 year´s proven experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good Computer Skills.
- Ability to manage and train a team of shipping coordinators and drivers
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.