Shipping Dept Utility Operator - Afternoon Shift
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Receives and delivers all incoming and outgoing materials/products using lift truck.
- Receives all incoming product;Loads and unloads trailers, Moves stock to and from designated locations to ensure it is stored in accordance with plant layout;
- Scans, stage loads and verifies the accuracy of these loads;
- Checking incoming goods against packing slips and invoices and document discrepancies;
- Reports shortages or damaged goods or other errors on incoming product to Supervisor;
- Maintains storeroom by putting stock away by part numbers and attaches stickers by month;
- Prepares finished goods for customer, scans shipment, receives documents from the Shipping/Receiving Clerk and loads the shipment for appropriate destination;
- Pulls customers orders for shipments based on information supplied from the customer pick lists, the ship JIT or Supervision instructions;
- Verifies accuracy of outbound customer shipments and sign shipping documents for same
- Checks lift trucks daily to ensure safe operation;
- Dumps garbage bins as required;
- Monitors load sizes and advises supervisor if more or less trucking is required:
- Loads and unload shunts and move stock to and from designated locations within the facility in accordance with plant layout;
- Operates lift trucks in a safe manner with due care for other lift truck operators and pedestrian traffic;
- Supplies empty packaging materials and skids to assembly as required;
- Puts stock on designated areas as per program within the plant;
- Feeds required material to appropriate workcell for production;
- Checks lift trucks daily to ensure safe operating condition;
- Empties cardboard and garbage bins as required ;
- Monitors load sizes and advises supervisors if more or less trucking is required;
- Pull customer orders for shipment based on information supplied from customer pick list or per supervisor’s instructions;
- Fills Kanban and assists Shipper/Receiver as required;
- Notifies the Supervisor of parts shortages to minimize downtime.
- Secures product to skids by strapping or shrink wrapping;
- Collects and empties garbage from work areas at end of shift;
- Rotates stock to ensure efficiency using first-in first out (FIFO) system;
- Moves materials to in-house containment area to ensure flow of product and delivers finished product to designated areas throughout the warehouse;
- Moves skids in and out of the work areas;
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in Shipping/Receiving in an automotive industry.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.