- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Load and unload trucks per ship target and customer requirements. Accurately complete paperwork and other customer related record keeping procedures in a timely manner. Act as customer service representative.
- Load and unload trucks per ship target/customer requirements.
- Create BOL’s and issue ASN’s
- Complete required paperwork in a timely fashion. Paperwork may be in the form of paper copy and/or electronic.
- Maintain clean office, shipping dock inside and outside storage areas.
- Maintain good rapport with customer and dispatch.
- Request additional trucking from logistics companies as needed.
- Support department with coverage, including overtime as needed with little to no notice.
- Maintain a safe work environment while complying with the departmental procedures regarding environmental protection.
- Must be able to follow and maintain 5S and First in First out (FIFO) organizational layouts.
- Operates forklift 75% or more of shift
- Loads and unloads trucks per ship target/ customer requirements.
Education, Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be available to work all shifts. 3rd shifts.
- Good attendance is critical. Must be willing and able to work any shift including overtime as needed with little or no notice.
- Must be able to obtain and sustain a forklift license issued from Flex N Gate Plastics within 30 days and sustain an excellent driving record.
- Previous Forklift experience highly preferred.
- Previous Shipping/Receiving experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated good planning abilities.
- Proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions.
- Computer skills required. AS400, Microsoft Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Constant sitting while driving and operating forklift to move product throughout the facility.
- Works inside and outside moving product. May work in adverse weather (cold, heat, rain, etc)
- Frequently climbs in and out of forklift. Step height to first step is 20 inches; second step is 10 inches.
- Must be able to use both hands for safe operation of forklift. Steering wheel with levers controlled by right hand. Constant pedaling with right foot.
- At least 50% of driving of forklift is backwards. Operator must have full range of motion of the neck and spine so that operator can look behind forklift while driving backwards and up and down with moving product.
- Operator must change 45 pound propane cylinder on back of forklift once per shift; height up to 50 inches.
- Operators work on all shifts and at night. Operator must be able to see in the dark and in times of reduced light. Vision requirement is 20/40 with correction.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4241