Shipping Clerk 2nd
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Covington, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The shipping clerk is responsible to ensure the customer requirements are shipped on-time and error free to the customer. They are responsible for interpreting customer release requirements and conveying the information accurately and timely to the plant. They are also the end of the process that finalizes customer shipments and documents. Shipping clerks are responsible to routinely maintain customer website requirements and communicate directly with customers for requirement changes and any other special request.
- Review customer requirements and create plant shipping schedules
- Complete physical inventories for WIP / Finished Goods
- Complete Shipping documents (Bills of Ladings, Load sheets, and Labels)
- Schedule shipment with customer specific criteria
- Dispute customer specific penalties and shipment conformance violations
- Accurately label and scan shipments
- Maintain customer website and communication requirements
- Track and monitor customer score cards
- Communicate with customers internal/external
- Utilize AS400 system, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Load shipments with a forklift
- Operate Fork Truck
- Operate Spotter Truck
- Prefer Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Computer Experience ( Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Good communication skills ( Verbal, Email, & Phone)
- Excellent at time management
- Good Attendance
- Solid Safety Record
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.