Shipping CDL Spotter Truck Driver
- # of Openings
- Guardian West LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Conduct all job duties associated with the shipping and receiving of product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Strong computer skills.
- General awareness of the AS400. Enter inventory and non-inventory items into the AS400 and receive items into system as they are received in the plant.
- Ability to operate the overhead crane.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against bill of lading, invoice, orders, or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Operates a forklift to move and hoist shipments from platform to storage or work areas.
- Completes documentation required by the dept.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have the ability to drive the box truck and hold a CDL -A Driver's License
- Average Repetitions: Variable
- Environmental Description: Fast pace; Team oriented; Noisy conditions; Temperature varies with weather conditions .
- Works inside and outside moving product.
- Climbing in and out of forklift and spotter truck.
- Operator must change 45 pound propane cylinder on back of forklift once per shift;
- Operators work on all shifts and at night. Operator must be able to see in the dark and in times of reduced light. Vision requirement is 20/40 with correction.
- Must be certified in forklift and crane operation
- Semi-Skilled II level position
- Shift is 8 hours. May work overtime up to 10-12 hours. Two 10-minute breaks/ shift and 20 minute meal break.
JOB PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee is required to push, pull, reach and lift above head and below shoulder level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- CDL Driver’s License.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be certified in forklift and crane operation.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.