Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Troy
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Shipping & Recieving Clerk handles data entry, preparation of CMS shipping and customs documents for shipments to customers, as well as daily receiving into CMS of inbound shipments from suppliers. We have openings on all shifts.
- Shipping schedules follow up/attainment
- Maintaining shipping boards Prepare materials for shipping as per shipping schedules
- Generates and provides proper paperwork for transportation
- ASN notification process, keep records on ASN checker
- Returnable containers records
- Monitors and maintains customer supplier portal
- Registers material´s exit
- Communicates pertinent information per shift
- Examine shipment contents and compare with invoices to verify accuracy
- Record discrepancies in order to make a failure warning if it is necessary
- Make the receipt of material by ASN
- Generate FIFO label for each material
- Locate raw material according to layout
- Follow FIFO System
- Track deliveries and transit of materials supplier
- Generate list of materials in transit and update daily
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2-3 years related experience in shipping activities in a manufacturing or similar fast-paced environment. Supervisory experience would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.