- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Troy
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Forklift Driver works with Supervisor coordinating daily warehouse/dock activities, including housekeeping. Other duties may be assigned. Reads and follows work instructions. Drives industrial forklift equipped with lifting devices to push, pull, lift, stack, tier or move products and materials on and off trailers as well as in the warehouse and production, by performing the following duties.
• Follow all safety requirements
• Inventory materials on the work floor and warehouse
• Load or unload materials as needed
• FIFO material when received and/or as scheduled
• Prepare outgoing materials for shipping
• Able to read part numbers and show distinction between part numbers
• Follow and support company IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 policies, procedures and work instructions
• Deliver correct containers to storage area without disrupting production
• Place finished goods in proper area
• Verify containers are empty and remove labels prior to sending back to suppliers
• Communicate with truck drivers as needed
• Report any equipment issues to active supervisor or manager
• Ability to stop the process in event of nonconformity
• Work within a team environment
• Work overtime as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or G.E.D
• Minimum 1+ year experience in Forklift/Material Handling preferred
• 1+ year experience in the Automotive Industry preferred
• Ability to safely operate Forklift equipment required
• Flex N Gate Forklift re-certification is required
• Basic Math, Reading and Comprehension Skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.