Senior Quality Fixture Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Oversee all aspects of check fixture quote, design and build through to completion ensuring budget, standards and timing is met. Work with Flex-N-Gate manufacturing plants, suppliers and customers to produce quality products that meet or exceed the customer and plant's requirements.
- Enforce Flex-N-Gate Check Fixture Standard and any relevant customer requirements to ensure suppliers are compliant.
- Assist in the development of Fixture Request for Quotation and approval process. Summarize returned supplier quotes for review with Quality Fixture Manager.
- Confirm fixture shop has all the necessary information (math data, GD&T, SPC requirements etc.) to proceed with design and build of fixtures.
- Follow fixture design and build from program launch to PPAP working closely with Program Manager and Tooling Manager to ensure standards are met and fixtures are delivered on-time.
- Review fixture design and build with Flex-N-Gate OEM Customer as applicable.
- Review all engineering change requests with supplier to obtain accurate cost and timing impact quotes.
- Assist in the development of new suppliers by conducting audits and completing Supplier Rating Sheet.
- Recommend the elimination of suppliers that are not performing to Flex-N-Gate quality expectations.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Fixture Manager.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS Policy CEVPL.005.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quality engineering or related technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility that offered the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background in quality engineering.
- Education and experience required to interpret and convey GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) requirements.
- Six Sigma certification considered an asset.
- Knowledge of production process, machines, tools, including design and uses.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with CAD Viewer software as well as administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required.
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated good internal and external customer service skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Engineering specifications and understanding.
- Interpreting CMM/Layout measurements.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4534