Senior Product/Processing Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Developing advanced processes and simulations to ensure product feasibility within the Metal Tooling group.
- Evaluates new product design and performs forming simulations to ensure design meets Flex N Gate standards.
- Recommends solutions to product problems relative to design.
- Evaluates tooling design and process from toolshop before build.
- Is a technical resource during the tooling process from design through build through first piece tryout.
- Attends die tryout at plants to identify and correct any issues with problem parts when required.
- Technical resource in reviewing tool design and tooling estimates and recommends alternative processes to improve production performance and reduce raw material usage.
- The ability to evaluate part data and develop a creative and cost efficient process
- Fluent in forming simulation software (Dynaform or Autoform)
- Strong ability to create surface and solid model in 3D design. (Catia, NX)
- Knowledge of tooling build or repair at journeyman level.
- Knowledge of OEM customer tooling requirements
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.