Security Manager - Windsor
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Main objective for this position is to coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
- Ensure the safeguard of the organization from internal and external threats.
- Control losses of company revenue due to theft, property damage, injury, poor inventory controls etc., and protect the company assets through loss prevention strategies.
- Initiate, coordinate and manage all the security related tasks within the organization.
- Allocate tasks to the staff working under his/her direction and monitor work being completed.
- Aid in the recruitment of security staff and ensure proper training is given to new employees.
- Initiate, conduct and/or monitor security related checks and correct any issues found.
- Issue guidelines and directives to staff on a regular basis and ensure policies and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Train and ensure staff members are knowledgeable about useful workplace safety tips.
- Ensure documentation of security operations are up to date and properly documented
- Investigate root causes for security incidents, accidents or potential accidents, ensuring the causes for the incident(s) have been rectified.
- Develop, communicate and implement loss prevention and asset protection programs for the organization.
- Ensure security policies and procedures are in place and being followed at all times
- Investigate all reports of losses within the organization and ensure all incidences are corrected.
- Develop loss prevention strategies and objectives designed to educate and enhance awareness among all levels of employees.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
- Supervise employees
- Evaluate employee performance
- Prepare reports related to security matters
- Other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 5 years proven experience similar position
- Contact With Others ability
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability
- Problem solving skills
- Face-to-Face Discussions skills
- Travel as necessary
- Overtime as required
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.