Secondary Tooling Engineer
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is to work with Design, Project Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing and Quality Engineers to develop equipment for prototype or production needs. Troubleshoot current manufacturing problems and help root cause by performing the following duties
SUMMARY: Primary responsibility is to work with Design, Project Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing and Quality Engineers to develop equipment for prototype or production needs. Troubleshoot current manufacturing problems and help root cause by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor.
Works with Design, Project Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineers to develop a manufactural product.
Recommends and completes the purchase and / or build of secondary tooling fixtures or equipment with appropriate vendor, and ensures production readiness thru qualifications and capability runs.
Completes Machine / Equipment buyoff process for equipment or machines.
Assists with development and implementation of automated assembly systems to produce products utilizing various technologies including robotics.
Assists in preproduction build events.
Support cost and timing thru launch and the process change system.
Attends meetings related to product development, product manufacturing concerns and all company related issues.
Verify/Assist in training of operators on new equipment/processes.
Manage issues related to equipment with an open issues list.
Support Product Engineering in DFM.
Develop prints/BOM’s for secondary equipment for in-house builds.
Verify that PM instructions are complete and available.
Verify that all tooling is complete and there are no pending changes that would jeopardize the Launch Ramp Plan.
- BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience preferable in a (input specific industry – metal, plastics, etc)
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing.
- Proficiency in engineering computer software (CAD, CATIA, NX etc)
- Must be a self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a “hands on” approach.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3910