- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position is located at our Ventra Sandusky Manufacturing Plant in Sandusky, Ohio and is a part of the Flex-N-Gate Corporation. Within this 1.2 million square foot manufacturing facility, that operates as a Tier 1 Automotive supplier of Lighting Products, this individual is the leader of the overall direct material Scheduling function within the MP&L Department. With eight salaried direct reports, this individual is responsible for the inbound and outbound scheduling for the site and directly reports to the MP&L Manager.
- Lead, manage, and coach the Scheduling Team of Associates consisting of eight Salary direct report employees. Inclusive of Performance Management, Succession Planning, Employee Development and Training, and facilitating a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Lead the performance management routine through MPL Balanced Scorecard Continuous Improvement process, including: Ford Delivery Scores, Customer Past Dues/Customer Ship Attainment, Inventory Turns, Gross Inventory Value, Freight Cost, Supplier Past Dues, and PFEP Attainment.
- Oversee the overall Customer to Plant to Supplier Scheduling Process, through a systemic disciplined approach based on process excellence. Utilize a strong proficiency in the ERP systems, facilitating regular maintenance and control of the ERP system. Foster and develop the ERP system knowledge base within the team.
- Serve as the first escalation point person for critical supply situations with suppliers or customers.
- Ability to deploy efficient and effective supply chain problem solving methodologies that rapidly resolve supply continuity issues that minimize cost impact.
- Maintain positive and effective relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Design, implement, and sustain lean manufacturing systems and processes for the plant and the Materials Department. Lead the continuous improvement routine of inventory management based on the Plan for Every Part (PFEP) and ERP Management.
- Lead and further develop the Master Production Scheduling Process for the facility, inclusive of early detection of opportunities and strategic operating patterns that align with the business objectives of the facility.
- Provide periodic reporting and analysis for Leadership.
- May be required to provide support to organization on any shift and weekends as needed
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a materials/supply chain environment with core responsibilities in Planning / Scheduling.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role.
- A working knowledge and demonstrated practice of Lean Manufacturing Systems and principles.
- Results orientated Leader with the ability to lead team salary associates towards cohesive achievement of balanced scorecard metric results.
- Prior experience with MRP Systems, Manufacturing processes, Demand/Build Planning, Customer Service, Supplier Scheduling, Inventory Control, Capacity Management, PFEP, Theory of Constraints, Formal Problem Solving, Logistics, and Continuity of Supply Problem Resolution.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Software (excel, word, PowerPoint).
- A high level of interpersonal skills, to work effectively with others and motivate associates.
- Strong level of mathematical, analytical, and problem solving abilities. A data driven decision maker.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and multiple tasks.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.