Robotic Welding Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
- Calibrate scientific or technical equipment
- Select tools, equipment or technologies for use in operations or project
- Program robots to comply with the customers welding and dimensional specifications, ensuring a quality product
- Set up weld schedules
- Maintain spare parts inventory for robots.
- Maintain record of program changes/adjustments.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- Troubleshoot welding issues and make appropriate adjustments to improve weld quality
- Develop technical methods or processes
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality or performance
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel.
- Create graphical representations of mechanical equipment
- Design industrial processing systems
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs or performance benefits of new equipment
- Provide engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results.
- Research, select or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing or electronic communication.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for system design or repair
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Electromechanical Engineering Technician – Robotic Welding
- Project Management skills and experience preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in PFMEA techniques.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Flow.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Exellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis would be beneficial
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Safety- minded
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.