Robotic Weld Technician - Level A
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
To maintain program and maintain robots, automated equipment and weld controllers to comply with the customers specifications.
- Program robots to comply with the customers welding and dimensional specifications, ensuring a quality product
- Troubleshoot and repair all automated equipment to maintain productivity on a day-to-day basis
- Set up weld schedules
- Carryout changeovers of welder for different jobs
- Maintain weld fixtures, weld guns and sensing equipment
- Work and dress safely (i.e. wear proper protective equipment, demonstrate safe use of all machinery and equipment, etc.)
- Adhere to all relevant company policies, procedures and instructions
- Must be familiar with and follow all required procedures required for this position.
- Ensure good housekeeping skills at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
The candidate must have successfully completed one of the following:
Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Electromechanical Engineering Technician - Robotics
- Certified Electrician; Ontario Journeyman Card required
- Must have 18 months experience with robotic weld cells, facility and equipment maintenance
- Knowledge of machinery; including ABB, NACHI and FANUC
- Ability to safely operate all required equipment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.