Robot Technician (Press)
- # of Openings
- Guardian West LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for all aspects of robotics for the Press department for the designated shift(s) Install, maintain, repair and upgrade all Press robots and related automation equipment. Implement Press robot projects maximizing manufacturing capabilities efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- The Robot Tech is responsible for testing and programming of the robots
- Changing out robot arms at a height of 55 inches. Robot arms vary in size and weight up to 60 pounds.
- There are 7 robot arms per unit that are changed eighteen times / week.
- Robot Tech assists with loading tasks. Requires lifting of bumpers (up to 36 pounds) up to 7 feet high.
- Shift is 8 hours. May work overtime up to 10-12 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to push, pull, reach and lift above head and below shoulder level. The employee must be able to carry bumpers weighing up to 50lbs for as far as 15-25 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To preform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
Technology program from accredited college or university perferred; No experence necessary!
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions where only limited standardizations exists.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in a mathematical or digram form
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.