Regional IT Manager - Canada
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Corporate Regional IT Manager - Canada.
The Regional Information Technology Manager is responsible for the effective planning, organization and operation of information technology (IT) services and support across the region. This individual oversees IT project coordination, resource management, supervision of IT staff, as well as communication with executive team, business unit leaders, and end users. The Regional Information Technology Manager is also responsible for regional IT strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives. Responsibilities include managing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Manages operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Manages and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts
- Represents the IT function at customer review meeting when appropriate
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Manages education programs for her/his staff
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance or improve current business processes.
- Provide coordination for the I.T. Services group, in their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Supports and ensures operating viability of LAN (Local Area Network) for all hours of operation; routinely tunes system for optimum performance.
- Follows up on faulty hardware and software purchases by pursuing warranty advantage through distributors and manufacturers.
- Ensures software, hardware and network installs, re-installs, upgrades, moves, changes and relocations are made when necessary and as required.
- Assist on projects or special initiatives as assigned.
- Assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning.
- Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity.
- Oversee project management for IT-related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post mortems.
- Ensure that applicable project management practices are followed throughout project lifecycles.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget for technology, IT services, and personnel.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee warranties and service agreements.
- Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, Web sites, and other applications.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
- Create and deliver business cases for technology acquisitions.
- Create status reports as required; present findings to senior management.
- Assist in the writing of grants, RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs.
- Plan end-user training as required.
- Act as advocate for IT department and its initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum College Diploma or Bachelor's degree in computer science or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Minimum 8 years of direct work experience in an IT management capacity required.
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations.
- Some experience managing budgets for an IT department.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.