- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible to assure receiving proper materials and quantities from each supplier in accordance with release quantities, shipping windows, and receive correct matching paperwork from the supplier / vendor. Will be responsible to assure timely receipt of raw material in CMS and keeping up to date inventories and receipts in CMS System; will oversee and provide oversight that material is being transported to the correct storage area.
• Oversees the work of the receiving clerks
• Maintaining delivery schedules and will assist in the process to Prepare materials for other departments as needed
• Generates and provides proper paperwork for receipts into physical inventory
• Cycle count per the established schedule and procedures and turn in to materials manager
• Returnable containers records and daily counts
• Monitors and reports inventories for purchased materials to purchasing department
• Registers material´s exit from the shipping dock to its correct storage location
• Communicates pertinent information per shift to managers as needed
• Examine shipment contents and compare with paperwork to verify accuracy
• Record discrepancies in order to make a failure warning if it is necessary; maintain RDR log
• Make the receipt of material by ASN or packing list into CMS
• Generate FIFO label for each material if applicable
• Locate raw material according to layout
• Follow FIFO System
• Track deliveries and transit of material’s suppliers
• Generate list of materials in transit and update purchasing daily if there are delays
• The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
• Associates degree or bachelors degree preferred or
• 2-3 years related experience in shipping or receiving activities in a manufacturing or similar fast-paced environment. Supervisory experience would be an asset
• Strong organizational skills required, experience in 5S or six Sigma is beneficial
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
• Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
• Strong analytical ability
• Problem solving skills
• Good presentation skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.