Receiver 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Load and unload trucks per ship target and customer requirements. Create bills of lading for customer orders. Support Shipping Clerks. This is a 1st shift position.
- Physically receiving and verifying lot #’s and counts on all 40 loads or more of material and components that come in every week – ALL receiving would be delivered to door 9
- Relabeling all material and components with our Part #
- Physically receiving all UPS/FedEx Packages and delivering to appropriate person
- Receiving the PO’s in the AS400 and scanning all paperwork to Accounts Payable
- Putting all Material/components away on racking in a neat orderly manner, organizing and combining when needed
- Receiving clerk would be held accountable for the Material/component shelves, maintaining organization daily
- Must be able to follow and maintain (FIFO) first in first out concept on raw material – we had this issue when Toyota was here looking at our material, the press was pulling from newer material than we had on the shelf
- Must be able to follow and maintain 5S
- This person would work closely with the material handlers to ensure they have what they need and with Laurie on a min/max program to ensure there are not inventory variances that put us in a situation with our customers
- Additional time would be spent as a shipping clerk in the shipping department (which are below)'
- Load and unload trucks per ship target/customer requirements.
- Create BOL’s and issue ASN’s
- Complete required paperwork in a timely fashion. Paperwork may be in the form of paper copy and/or electronic.
- Maintain clean office, shipping dock inside and outside storage areas.
- Interact and provide excellent customer service with customers, dispatch and logistics companies.
- Request additional trucking from logistics companies as needed
- Support department with coverage, including overtime as needed with little to no notice
- Maintain a safe work environment while complying with the departmental procedures regarding environmental protection
- Must be able to follow and maintain 5S and First in First out (FIFO) organizational layouts
- Operates forklift 75% or more of shift
- Must be available to work all shifts.
- Good attendance is critical. Must be willing and able to work any shift including overtime as needed with little or no notice.
- Must meet the eligibility of job openings as defined in the employee handbook.
- Must be able to obtain and sustain a forklift license issued from Flex N Gate Plastics within 30 days and sustain an excellent driving record.
- Previous Forklift experience highly preferred.
- Previous Shipping experience highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated good planning abilities.
- Proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions.
- Computer skills required. AS400, Microsoft Excel and Outlook highly preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be self-directed, work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.