Quality Supervisor - Midnight Shift
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company
- Policy, local, provincial and/or federal rules and regulations and the Collective Agreement;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Awareness and understanding of Environmental Policy (ISO 14001) and Quality Policy (TS 16949) guidelines and how the position’s responsibilities impacts on environment and quality;
- Shows leadership to the workforce by his/her decision-making skills, motivational efforts, fairness and consistency so that employees are well aware of their performance and individual importance in the department;
- Ensures personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of on-going training, appropriate education, skills and experience;
- Performs other duties as required by Manager/Supervisor to keep pace with changes in the scope of work.
- Attends to customer concerns, analyses root causes, and implements preventative action and verifies implementation of solutions;
- Addresses internal issues by collecting line accums or failures and communicates with supplier regarding problems with materials;
- Recommends corrective actions by issuing 8D’s or request certified stock and follows up with suppliers corrective action in order to close issue;
- Maintains a filing system for the customer and supplier of all queries and concerns;
- Monitors suppliers defects, benchmarks, track root-cause and eliminates problems by using recognized problem-solving techniques e.g. 8D’s, I charts and continuous improvement corrective action;
- Tracks overtime equalization, schedules and canvasses for overtime;
- Ensures conformance regarding film build data, fixture room data and all relevant specification by analyzing all data collected by auditors;
- Participates in Business Team Meetings or scheduled meetings with auditors;
- Ensures that all containment criteria for defective material is met for the customer;
- Schedules annual Munsel Hue Testing and training matrix for all auditors;
- Analyzes data collected through X-Rite and monitors deviation between standard and sample;
- Supervises and directs Quality Auditors and handles work-related problems and situations e.g.: initiates training, approves leaves of absence, records attendance and signs off time sheets for payroll, investigates accidents and answers grievances;
- Analyzes collected data from scrap and customers, and prioritizes responsibilities using statistical tools for example: Pareto Analysis etc;
- Combines data and prepares process quality reports by summarizing information and trends to reflect results;
- Coordinates and investigates activities for part problem and process to improve on findings of analyzed data and initiates corrective actions;
- Revises Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Control Plan, and Flow Diagram and coordinates with QS Coordinator to update work instructions and procedures as required;
- Updates all quality records from improvements and reanalyzes to ensure that process changes are acceptable and stable;
- Examines documentation of quality and reliability of standards to ensure revision reflects process changes.
EDUCATION: Grade 12 as a minimum or ideal fit, ASQ certification and/or Advanced CQA.
EXPERIENCE: 3 years quality/supervisory experience in a plastics/automotive industry.
REQUIRED TRAINING: Microsoft Office Software, Quality Concepts, and/or QS9000.
RECOMMENDED TRAINING: FMEA, SPC and Control Plan.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES AS FOLLOWS BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Strong communication, leadership, supervisory and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of quality standards and computer proficiency in Excel and Word Software;
- Ability to plan, manage time and solve problems within their scope of work;
- Ability to seek a team approach when necessary;
- Proven ability to analyze data and make recommendations.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.