- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ventra Grand Rapids 29 is seeking an energetic, hands on Quality Manager to support growth in our Grand Rapids, Michigan location. The Quality Manager implements and maintains the quality and document control systems (IATF 16949). They will drive continuous improvement activities to support and promote plant wide quality initiatives.
The Quality Manager’s main job responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for control of quality and reliability.
- Work with Process Engineering on process and engineering changes.
- Support prototype builds and data collection and reporting.
- Cultivate and expand positive employee morale.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel.
- Design and implement systems necessary to collect, to maintain and analyze data.
- Identify problems, basic and complex, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ensure production is producing quality product and meeting specifications.
- Provide support onsite to customer/suppliers as needed.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, IATF 16949, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
To be successful in this position the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in quality engineering or related technology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a manufacturing facility with the opportunity to gain a well rounded background in quality.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Sharp computer skills including proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to motivate others.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4379