- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Quality Manager manages the quality department, implements and maintains the quality and document control systems (TS 16949). Drive continuous improvement activities and teams. Support and promote plant wide quality improvement efforts. Lead Corrective Action Plan development, implementation and follow-up as quality problems occur.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for control of quality and reliability.
- Work with Process Engineering on process and engineering changes.
- Support prototype builds and data collection and reporting of builds.
- Cultivate and expand positive employee morale.
- Develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel.
- Design and implement systems necessary to collect, to maintain and analyze data.
- Identify problems, basic and complex, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ensure production is producing quality product to specifications.
- Provide support on-site to customer/suppliers as needed.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, TS16949, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in quality engineering or related technology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a manufacturing facility that offered the opportunity to gain a well rounded background in quality.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Develop, plan and implement short and long term goals
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Physical ability to lift 20lbs.
- Travel as necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals. The ability to see details at close range.
- Excellent visual acuity combined with the ability of a minimum of FMHH average color discrimination.
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, squat, climb, stand and walk in close, confined surroundings.
- Overtime as required.
- Weekend work may be required.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5156