Quality Manager - Main Plant
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Scope of the Position
The Quality Manager ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. This individual is responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance policies and controlling new product development processes. The Quality Manager will also establish performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company operations.
- Manage the IONIA VENTRA Quality Department.
- Implement and maintain the quality and document control systems (TS 16949).
- Interview, train, develop, evaluate, promote, and discipline subordinate personnel.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and teams.
- Work with Process Engineering on process and engineering changes.
- Lead Corrective Action Plan development, implementation and follow-up as quality problems occur.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for control of quality and reliability.
- Provide support onsite to the customer (travel may include extended stay with little notice).
- Support prototype builds and data collection, safe launch, and reporting of builds.
- Cultivate and expand positive employee morale. Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, TS16949, ISO14001 customer requirements, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment
- Organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Develop, plan and implement short and long term goals
- Examine and re-engineer operations and procedure, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Determine the kinds of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and proceduresCommunicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel
- Design and implement systems necessary to collect, to maintain, and analyze data
- Identify problems, basic and complex, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Teach others how to do something. Manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Learn/gain knowledge, drive contiuous improvement initiatives.
Basic Education and Qualifications:
- Four (4) year Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- At least five (5) years experience in a automotive manufacturing environment that offered the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background in quality management.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.