Quality Line Inspector
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Nine Mile Road, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Identify, quarantine, and stop the processing of nonconforming product. This is to be done in accordance with the standards established by the Quality Control Department with the guidance and instructions from responsible supervisor personnel. Â Individual must be able to check parts, requiring 100% inspection, for visual defects or with the use of inspection checking aids such as with gages or other necessary equipment which will determine the acceptance of a part. Must be able to read digital indicators and fill out necessary paperwork.
- Perform checks on production parts. Inspections include but not limited to SPC data collection, fixture checks and visual inspections.
- Complete and document all quality checks on appropriate inspection sheets.
- File all completed quality records in designated storage areas.
- Perform incoming and outgoing dock inspections.
- Execute all job responsibilities in accordance with ISO/TS-16949 and Customer Specific requirements
- Conduct and participate in quality audits
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement process and incorporate the zero defect standard in all work
- Work within a team environment
- Support and adhere to the requirements of the Quality and Environmental Systems as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- Basic math and SPC skills.
- Use of basic hand measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, scale) preferred
- Ability to use computer based systems including document control and job related applications
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5606