QUALITY LAB TECHNICIAN - GR5
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Carefully and accurately perform validation and conformance testing, per customer or regulatory test specifications. Understand and make reports with photos, explaining the requirements and results.
- Read, interpret, and execute tests according to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Program chambers corresponding with sequencers to conform to required test specifications.
- Maintain, calibrate (internal and/or outsourcing) and use all lab machinery and equipment.
- All maintenance and repairs (internal and/or outsourcing) for all our environmental, vibration and photometric fixtures.
- All maintenance and repairs (internal and/or outsourcing) for chambers, light lab (goniometer, vertical photometer, wire harnesses, breakdowns, ext.)
- All calibrations in lab and light lab and most plant items that need to be done from an outsourced provider (Masters for cal. equipment CMM machine, ext.).
- Calibration of certified bulbs from the sphere system for light lab testing.
- Assist with fixture design for upcoming programs.
- Developing / fabricating setups for new testing (fixturing, jigs for MTS, surge tanks)
- Assist all ME, QE, PM, setup techs and quality techs with verification of suspect product (Microscope, leak and endurance tests )
- Make all leak equipment needed also all testing setups.
- Perform most of PV, DV, ED and PPAP testing.
- Use the band saw, sander buffing wheel, drill press and other machines to prepare or inspect product.
- Use our microscope to take photos..
- Must be hands on do what it takes to get the job done self motivated worker.
- Occasional cleaning (Windows, equipment, floors) as needed.
- Know how to operate a computer and save files in multiple folders and programs.
- Need to be familiar with the following computer programs: Excel, Word and Email
- Perform burst testing for all applicable products under water, on fixture to failure.
High school diploma or GED, Associate Degree and manufacturing background, 1 year experience. Basic computer skills and experience.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.