- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Shelby, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Record inspection or test data and quantities inspected or graded.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Receive and inspect raw materials.
- Investigate or report questionable test results or product.
- Finesse/rework any parts if possible.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, TS16949, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment that offered the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background in manufacturing quality control.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Excellent visual acuity combined with the ability of a minimum of FMHH average color discrimination.
- Ability to work in both a non-climate controlled manufacturing and office environment.
- Upper body mobility is required along with the physical requirements of lifting, carrying and pushing/pulling.
- Must be able to stand 90% of the time with frequent walking.
- Lift using one or two hands up to 50 lbs.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3729