- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Quality Engineer supports and promotes plant wide quality improvement efforts.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for control of quality and reliability
- Lead and maintain PPAP Process and supporting functions
- Work with engineering on process and engineering changes
- Evaluate and develop improvement techniques for quality and reliability
- Maintain and report on the quality systems using Process Audits
- Work with employees, suppliers and customers to produce quality products that meet or exceed customer and plant requirements
- Cultivate and expand positive employee morale
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel
- Design and implement systems necessary to collect, to maintain and analyze data
- Review and organize statistical data on quality of production by line, shift, and department to produce recommendations
- Provide support onsite to customer/suppliers as needed.
- Makes decisions with regard to disposition of non-conforming material and that proper containment and follow up is completed
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, IATF 16949, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in quality engineering or related technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience in metal stamping facility highly preferred
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Knowledge of production process, machines, and tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal and external customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.