- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Quality Engineer is the key customer contact supporting quality and manufacturing requirements. Maintains the PPAP process, creates floor job instructions, documents root cause analysis and corrective actions. Needs to be experienced in PFEMA, Control Plans, Gauge Design, Gauge R&R, PPAP, ITAF-16949 Process and Requirements.
- Key customer contact for quality issues. Leads team root cause analysis and implements corrective actions to closure.
- Quality lead producing PPAP documentation.
- Provide support onsite to customer/suppliers as needed during normal production and launch.
- Collect and analyze SPC data and report as needed.
- Development of job instructions and procedures.
- Makes decisions with regard to parts shipping to the customer and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Support upkeep of the calibration system. Maintain records, ensure gages and equipment are calibrated within required time.
- Perform additional assignments per manager's direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Quality engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years in a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of production processes: molding, coating and or assembly.
- Understanding of GD&T and related gauge requirements.
- Strong customer communication skills and experience.
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Automotive APQP, PPAPP and Quality Documentation experience.
- Strong technical writer (job descriptions, Gauge instructions, PFEMA, Control Plan, Corrective Actions, etc.).
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with computer applications, specifically Customer Websites, Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.