- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Covington LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Quality Engineer will support and promote plant wide quality improvement efforts. This position will lead cross functional participation from engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, suppliers, sales and quality throughout the APQP and production life cycle to ensure effective and timely implementation of PPAP submissions for New Model and exiting.
- Develop and maintain core documents such as: Process Flows, PFMEA, and Control Plans
- Coordinate PPAP process for both customer and supplier PPAP’s
- Respond to customer concerns
- Champion the team on problem resolution reports
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality data
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility
- Working knowledge of limit samples, check fixtures, go-no-go gages, and other measuring equipment used in the automotive industry
- Assists in development of operator/ inspection documents for production
- Monitor/ audit SPC charts
- Monitor use of all check fixture, gages and limit samples
- Monitor and assist production associates on the use of quality and reject reports as applicable to operation/ inspection
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities
- Perform review and verification of supplier sample submissions and paperwork
- Arrange and monitor out-source lab testing as required
- Perform additional assignments per manager's direction and all other duties assigned
- Knowledge and support to maintain complaince with company and customer guidelines, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, and all applicable government regulations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Respond to corrective actions in customer format
- Knowledge and understanding of OEM Production Part Approval Process and Supplier Part Approval
- Demonstrated skills and experience necessary to make appearance evaluations
- Responsible for controlling and maintaining paper work necessary for initial source submissions to customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of AIAG Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Demonstrated knowledge and capability to perform testing as required by the MSA
- Perform layout inspection and functional verification
- Demonstrated skills and experience in statistical techniques and SPC
- Participate in warranty analysis
- Perform and document lab testing as required per inspection standards or OEM customer issued engineering standards
- Catalog and maintain certification/ recertification of check fixture and gaging/measuring equipment
- Analyze inspection equipment needs for all processes, research latest technology, gaging/ test equipment and submit purchase proposals to management
- 10 % Travel to other FNG facililties, customers sites, suppliers, and for training
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.