Quality Engineer- Advanced
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Quality Engineer supports and promotes corporate quality improvement efforts. Lead and maintain APQP process for new programs through to launch. Works with employees, suppliers and customers to produce quality products that meet or exceed the customer and plant's requirements. Coordinates Control Plans and FMEA documentation. Looking for entry-level to 4 years experience. 1 opening for Plastics and 1 opening for Lighting
- Handle customer issues. Review customer testing requirements and ensure that systems are in place to meet them.
- Work with suppliers to ensure testing requirements are being met and over see PPAP process.
- Run the APQP process through the early stages to launch of all programs.
- Launch Programs into Plant facilities
- Provide support to customer/suppliers as needed.
- Support prototype builds (document according to prototype checklist inspection process).
- Creation of Control Plans
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, TS16949, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Define and implement “Customers indicators” to monitor the satisfaction level of the customer and reporting back to management.
- 1-4 years experience to gain a well rounded background in quality engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quality engineering or related technology or equivalent.
- Knowledge of production process, machines, tools, including design and uses.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal and external customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- GDT/Blueprint reading
- Engineering specifications and understanding
- CMM/Layout measurement
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4189