Quality Coordinator (Administrator)
- # of Openings
- Ventra Salem, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Do you consider yourself expert with the fine details and have outstanding organizational skills? The Quality Coordinator controls document submission through the document control system or other electronic media such as Excel. They prepare various charts and forms for the purpose of evaluating company level data and customer generated data. They will help to instruct and otherwise communicate quality information/bulletins to management and the manufacturing staff, maintaining Product Control Plans and Shop Floor related documents, TS-16949 and ISO-14001 and Customer Requirements.
- File and retrieve documents, records, and reports.
- Occasionally attend business and quality system meetings. Participates as a team member of quality system work groups.
- Evaluate and develop improvement techniques for control of quality and reliability.
- Ensure process auditors are staffed, trained and performing duties as called out in their work instructions.
- Support manufacturing in the development of job instructions and maintain and train quality associates on quality related job instructions and procedures.
- Lead auditor for quality systems.
- Understand the relevance & importance of the activities associated with this job task & how they contribute to the achievement of the QA objectives.
- Generate & maintain Last Shot Tool meeting minutes.
- Recognize the different types of waste materials & how to properly dispose of them.
- Maintain HOLD tag log (QA #128)
- Scrap out applicable parts in CMS per applicable HOLD tags disposition.
- Generate & maintain Daily Scrap Reports
- Attend Fast Response & generate meeting minutes
- Maintain Fast Response Tracking Board
- Maintain Pack ID Sheets (QA #191)
- Make travel arrangements as needed
- Serve as IMDS Coordinator
- Serve as LPA administrator--creating audit, editing audits, scheduling audits & generate reports for Management by Planning
- Generate & retain Management By Planning Charts & meeting minutes
- Generate Verification Station Presentations
- Track Customer Return Material Authorizations (RMAs)
- Perform Internal & LPAs as scheduled
- Generate Various other reports, charts, etc. as requested
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, TS16949, ISO14001, Customer Requirements and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction.
- Maintains Product Control Plans and Floor related documents
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Misc. Administrative duties to include ordering office supplies, scheduling accommodations for traveling employees and ordering company apparel
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing facility that offered the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background in manufacturing quality.
- Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Eye for Detail
- Self Starter
- Good work ethic and attendance
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.