- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Quality Coordinator will assist all roles in regards to reporting on the performance measures of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system. (Using Layered Process Audits, Flex-N-Gate Quality Audit Process, Customer Required Audits, Control Plan Audits) They will work with employees, suppliers and customers on all shifts to produce quality products that meet or exceed the customer and plant's requirements. They prepare various charts and forms for the purpose of evaluating company level data and customer generated data. They will help to instruct and otherwise communicate quality information/bulletins to management and the manufacturing staff, maintaining Product Control Plans and Shop Floor related documents, AITF (replacing TS-16949) and ISO-14001 and Customer Requirements.
- File and retrieve documents, records, and reports.
- Occasionally attend business and quality system meetings. Participates as a team member of quality system work groups.
- Evaluate and develop improvement techniques for control of quality and reliability.
- Ensure process auditors are staffed, trained and performing duties as called out in their work instructions.
- Support manufacturing in the development of job instructions and maintain and train quality associates on quality related job instructions and procedures.
- Will be required to visit customer sites for the purpose of maintaining effective communication with various customer functions and concern quality issues.
- Ensure production is producing quality product to specifications.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, AITF (replacing TS16949), ISO14001, Customer Requirements and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Maintains Product Control Plans and Floor related documents
- College and/or University programs reflecting administration
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing facility that offered the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background in manufacturing quality
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Strong analytical ability and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.