- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Chicago, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Purchasing Coordinator coordinates activities in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in an organization.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of storeroom and central supply personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Oversee all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase orders.
- Interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Writes or types purchase orders and sends copy to supplier originating request.
- Computes total cost of items purchased for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late delivery.
- Compares prices specifications and delivery dates and places orders with suppliers.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
- System Maintenance on ECN's, NAFTA's, MRP and CMS Inventory losses
- Daily Buy Part and outside processed parts releases and system adjustments
- Arrange Freight and Trucking
- Coordinate on time delivery of buy parts and outside processed parts
- Coordinate with the QA department reject returns, sorting charges.
- Document Supplier debits and returns
- Attend APQP
- Border clearance support in late shipment or trouble situations
- Update Supplier ratings, supplier manual rate and delivery
- Manually coordinate Engineering Changes-respect to BUY PARTS
- Create downtime and efficiency reports
- Responsible for maintaining ISO/TS16949 and ISO14001 compliance within purchasing.
- Special duties as required and others may be assigned.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Community college diploma in purchasing or enrollment in/completion of PMAC; and/or
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in the automotive industry
- Computer and 10-Key calculation experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5021