- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Project Engineer supports the design and development of products and product improvements for Flex-N-Gate and its divisions. The role is an integral part of the engineering team that leads projects from initial design concept through development and commercialization.
- Solves design challenges, prototyping of design concepts, specifying materials, components and assemblies, and developing product testing strategies and methods to validate product performance.
- Designs components and assemblies to include automotive manufactured Steel Bumpers, Hitches and Exterior Plastics.
- Evaluates new materials and processes that could offer enhanced value to the Company and its customers.
- Solves technical problems using sound and established engineering principles, creativity, and product design verification techniques.
- Performs and coordinates design verification and design validation activities including test strategies, test protocols, and analysis of test results.
- Evaluates and implements use of new materials in existing products to lower costs and/or reduce weight.
- Works directly with Customer engineering groups to establish validation plans and product specifications. Understands Customer requirements and is able to successfully translate those requirements into product design
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously and communicates and escalates concerns when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or General Engineering Required.
- Ability to read, analyze and created various documentation related to tooling or engineering
- Strong problem solving, reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Must be capable of explaining new ideas and concepts so others will understand.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and demonstrates the ability to successfully learn and advance in the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present to both internal and external customers
- Able to work independently and demonstrates inherent desire to learn and improve.
- Proven knowledge and experience ISO 14001 and TS16949 quality standards. Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
- Previous experience in the automotive manufacturing industry preferred.
- Effective documentation and organizational skills based on results, solutions and tasks to drive outcomes.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.