Project Engineer - Exterior Lighting
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Provide product design direction and release of new and current model exterior lighting products.
- Provide leadership over engineering functions related to assigned new model programs, including design, optic, electrical, thermal, and validation
- Lead development of DFMEAs for assigned new model programs.
- Lead development of DVP&Rs. Review and approve test reports, maintaining DVP&Rs, while providing necessary documentation to customers.
- Lead technical discussions with the customers.
- Support Product Development Team (internal and external) meetings
- Lead BOM development and Engineering Changes.
- Maintain engineering open issues lists, and drive and document closure of all items
- Support Program Managers in development and maintenance of program timelines and budgets.
- Review, understand, and communicate as needed to the internal team, all customer and legal specifications
- Support Flex-N-Gate manufacturing and quality in all pre-production build events
- Represent Flex-N-Gate at customer manufacturing sites, as needed, during pre-production, launch, and post-launch events
- B.S. in Engineering
- 3-5 automotive exterior lighting preferred
- Solid understanding of manufacturing, engineering and product engineering disciplines and processes.
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams through development phase to closure.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of electronics
- Practical working experience of LED technologies.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.