- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Manage multiple projects from award through 90 days after SOP. Ensure that all tasks are progressing at a rate which will achieve the successful completion of a project which meets customer specifications, project timing, and financial requirements. Effectively communicates the status of the project within Flex-N-Gate and with the customer. Travel throughout the United States is required with some international travel as well.
- Provide technical and project leadership in directing a cross-function team from concept to launch
- Meet project deliverables and project all requirements. Full knowledge of customer SOW and requirements
- Effectively communicate project status and proactively manage risk
- Acts as primary interface to customer for all project issues
- Maintain project costs within the baseline budgets for BOM, tooling, and investment
- Develop and maintain a project timing charts depicting ability to meet customer’s milestones
- Establish countermeasures when the project deliverables are at risk
- Initiate, maintain, and publish the program open issues report
- Build and manage an effective team
- Initiate the review of lessons learned/best practices of other programs and document new ones from each project.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years of program management experience with engineered products
- Multiple product launch experience in the automotive industry as a Tier 1 supplier
- BS in a technical degree, or 10 years of PM work experience
- Thermal forming experience in manufacturing processes or product development
- Experience in automotive lighting a plus
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 2094