- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Royal Oak, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Program Manager will oversee APQP process for new model launch activities ensuring that all project tasks are progressing at a rate which will achieve successful completion within the customer specifications, project timing and financial requirements. Will effectively communicate project status within Flex-N-Gate and the customer.
- Provide technical and project leadership in directing cross-functional team from concept through launch
- Effectively communicate project status and proactively manage risks
- Support/communicate with Corporate Program Management & Design teams (Part, Packaging, & Automation)
- Act as primary interface to customer for all project issues
- Initiate, maintain, and publish open issues reports and task assignments associated
- Coordinate and manage pre-production build part shipments and support safe launch activities associated.
- Initiate the review of lessons learned/best practices of other programs and document new ones from each project.
- Support internal and external cost savings and continuous improvement efforts
- Manage/coordinate production engineering changes
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- 3-5 years of experience in program management work for automotive plastics
- Experience with Ford,General Motors, and Stellantis programs
- Degree in Technical Field or Significant Relevant Experience
- Proficient in Excel, Project, & PowerPoint
- Proficient in Ford, General Motors, Stellantis systems—WERS, GPIRS DDL, DDL Parts Progress, APQP and PPAP
- Understanding of automotive industry with strong program launch background
- Excellent communication, organizational, & interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel as required to support customer & company requirements-travel may be outside USA, so must have a valid passport
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.