- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Program Manager manages multiple projects from award through SOP and beyond. Ensure that all tasks are progressing at a rate which will achieve the successful completion of a project which meets customer specifications, project timing, and financial requirements. Effectively communicates the status of the project within Flex-N-Gate and with the Customer.
- Provide technical and project leadership in directing a cross-function team from concept to launch
- Meet project deliverables and project all requirements. Full knowledge of customer SOW and requirements
- Effectively communicate project status and proactively manage risk
- Acts as primary interface to customer for all project issues
- Maintain project costs within the baseline budgets for BOM, tooling, and investment
- Develop and maintain a project timing charts depicting ability to meet customer’s milestones
- Establish countermeasures when the project deliverables are at risk
- Initiate, maintain, and publish the program open issues report
- Build and manage an effective team
- Initiate the review of lessons learned/best practices of other programs and document new ones from each project.
- Supports internal and external cost cutting requirements.
- Has awareness of the importance of conformance with environmental policies, procedures, and with the requirements of the EMS.
- Has awareness of the significant environmental aspects of own work activities and the benefits of improved personal performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy.
- 5 years of program management experience with engineered products
- Multiple product launch experience in the automotive industry as a Tier 1 supplier
- Bachelor’s degree in technical degree, or ten years of Project Management experience
- Thermal forming experience in manufacturing processes or product development
- Design, tooling or skilled trades experience in automotive manufacturing industry
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.