Program Manager- Exterior Plastics
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Manages program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with the specified objectives on time and on budget. This role will be working with Exterior Plastics.
- Provide technical and program leadership in directing a cross functional team to ensure overall co-ordination and synchronization of program activities from design concept to launch
- Acts as primary interface to customer for all program issues
- Identify, monitor, and manage program critical path
- Initiate, maintain, and publish the program open issues report
- Work with project stakeholders to address critical issues, establish countermeasures
- Determine and approve product specification or functional requirements ensuring they meet customer needs
- Receives cost estimates and prepares budgets; controls expenditures in line with budget allocation.
- Initiate the review of lessons learned/best practices of other programs and document new ones from each project.
- Assist Manufacturing facilities in on time launch and customer support needs as required
- Engineering degree in mechanical engineering, design or other related engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in program management work for automotive plastics/exteriors
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Understanding of automotive industry, product development, and customer practices
- Understanding of plastic molding process and other manufacturing processes an asset.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to manage diverse internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to travel as required to support customer requirements
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3738