Program Manager - Engineering
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Program Manager will oversee APQP process for new model launch activities ensuring that all project tasks are progressing at a rate which will achieve successful completion within the customer specifications, project timing and financial requirements. Will effectively communicate project status within Flex-N-Gate and the customer. Coordination and communication of continuous improvement activities
- Provide technical and project leadership in directing cross-functional team from concept through launch
- Effectively communicate project status and proactively manage risks
- Act as primary interface to Flex N Gate Program Management for all project issues
- Initiate, maintain, and publish open issues reports and task assignments associated
- Coordinate and manage pre-production and engineering change part builds.
- Lead continuous improvement and cost savings activities, tracking internal submissions for approval.
- Manage/coordinate production-engineering changes.
- Maintain systems affected by New Model or Engineering changes, CMS, Material B.O.M. Engineering Change Notice.
- Oversee all engineering documents and procedures for IATF surveillance audits.
- Perform data overlays for new product changes, verification of data.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in program management work for automotive stampings and assemblies
- Experience with Ford, Stellantis and General Motors programs.
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma or Significant Relevant Experience
- Proficient in Excel, Project, & PowerPoint, CMS
- Proficient in OEM systems—Ford WERS, GPIRS, eAPQP. Stellantis Supplier econnect. GM Power Supply.
- Understanding of automotive industry, metal stamping components and modular assemblies, product development, ITAF audits
- Excellent communication, organizational, & interpersonal skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.