- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
|Inspects trim, torch and assembles raw product moulded in injection|
|Loads and unloads product to and from the paintline and prepares defects by reworking and finessing.|
|Produces components by assembling parts.|
- Loads parts on paint fixtures for painting per paint schedule;
- Unloads painted parts from paintline, packs them in racks and moves to assembly workstations and/or places onto appropriate belts;
- Reworks and/or finesses painted parts depending on defect before repainting or packing;
- Inspects painted parts for defects and flaws.
- Carries out line changes as required
- Enters all finessed/scrapped parts into Defect Input Module (DIM)
- Inspects trim and torch and assembles raw product produced in injection;
- Labels work in process tags;
- Enters data of scrap into system;
- Grinds product in the grinding area;
- Puts Julian date/hour on the moulded parts;
- Disassembles rework and sorts any product.
- Produces components by following work instructions to assemble parts;
- Inspects parts visually for obvious defects;
- Installs tape, steel and/or other components to moulded/painted parts as required;
- Packs finished products in racks, bags, cardboard boxes, dunnage and totes;
- Label parts ensuring label accuracy;
- Maintain records by inputting into the Defect Input Module (DIM).
- Maintains work area per 5S sheets posted.
- Ensures all parts are labeled properly following plant wide colour coding system.
- Good communication (Read and comprehend instructions);
- Organizational and dexterity skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge of components and materials used in the production process.
- Ability to read colour
- Basic computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.