Production Worker/ Mould Changer
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
We are seeking highly motivated and ambitious candidates with a willingness to learn. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical aptitude, a curiosity for how things work, and an interest in troubleshooting. The Company is willing to train a candidate who has a positive attitude, a solid foundation of mechanical skills and abilities, and a strong work ethic.
- Processing and troubleshooting of injection molding machines of 20 - 2200 ton press sizes based on material and part being produced
- Starting tools/machines, diagnoses moulding problems, conducting initial trouble shooting during production and correcting as required until good parts are produced
- Monitoring production for accuracy and efficiency and working with quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Making minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines/tools and notifying supervisors when major service is required
- Providing ownership and analysis of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement and/or the reduction of downtime and continue improvements
- Promoting safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures
This position may require hot work, standing up to 100%, lifting up to 75 lbs, overhead work, kneeling, bending, crawling, pushing, pulling, climbing, and working at heights
- Grade 12, as well as completed courses in Injection Moulding, an asset
- Must be able to work any shift
- Prior experience with performing mould changes and process adjustments on injection moulding equipment, an asset
- Prior experience with hot runners/valve gate sequencing/gas assist/insert molding, an asset
- Experience with Robotics and Programming, with End of Arm Set-up and troubleshooting is an asset
- Forklift and crane license preferable
- Knowledge of TPO's/ABS/Nylons/PC's, an asset
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.