Production Team Leader
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Effingham, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Production Team Leader is responsible for overseeing line operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for productions schedules and posting of daily work assignments based upon production needs and individual strengths. Must be shop floor orientated and provide “hands-on” product/process support for all reports on a daily basis. This individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement of assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
- Create and follow detailed instructions, which incorporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Team Leads and team members.
- He or she reports directly to the area supervisor on a regular basis on line performance and issues that need to be resolved.
- Also, prepare the equipment and components for production throughout the day including changeovers.
- Accurately completes required documents of events and task related to assigned work, including Abnormality Log Books, Setup Verifications, by the hour production tracker (White Boards).
- Follows and ensures operator 6s guidelines are met.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions on the assembly line. Execute proper escalation procedure for issues that impede production. Relieve team members as needed for emergency situations. Test parts on an hourly basis, monitor glue barrel functions, follow rework, re-introduction, and teardown procedures.
- Execute all non-conforming procedures and ensure accurate tracking and data input.
- Create boundary documents as needed and train all team members accordingly.
- Execute labor plan as established by management team to ensure proper utilization of team members.
- Train all new hire employees using TWI methods and SOP’s.
- Complete standard work audits as directed by management team.
- Maintain skill level matrix for responsible areas.
- Ensures accurate inventory control within responsible area.
- Understanding of all customer requirements at all times.
- These are primary responsibilities however, the employee may be utilized as production services that may include but are not limited to assemble/disassemble, load and unload machines/inspect parts that are being packed, consistent lifts 19lbs or greater, clean, sweep, general labor work.
- Includes but not limited to read, write, walk, bend, carry, inspect, stoop, reach, twist, lift up to 15lbs and stand intermittently, work an 8-hour day equaling a 40-hour work week Monday through Friday and mandatory overtime weekdays (before/after normal shift and weekends.
- 3-5 years experience operating as a team leader within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a plastics manufacturing environment is a plus
- Ability to train/supervise others effectively
- Demonstrate strong capability of knowledge and performance on manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors
- Ability to follow all safety rules and procedures outlined within the manufacturing environment
- Basic Math, Reading & Comprehension Skills required
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.