- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Chicago
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for supervising operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for productions schedules and posting of daily work assignments based upon production needs and individual strengths. Must be shop floor orientated and provide “hands-on” product/process support for all reports on a daily basis. This individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement of assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, Local, or Federal rules and regulations and if applicable Collective Agreement.
- Communicates, Trains, guides and coaches employees to achieve operational initiatives that optimize team efforts in the manufacturing of high quality products.
- Mentors and develops lower level supervisors. Evaluates interpersonal skills, provides feedback and recommends as well as methods to improve interpersonal communications.
- Schedules and assigns personnel to work according to the demand of the manufacturing schedules.
- Continually assesses the limitations of equipment capacity and materials supply to directly make adjustments to personal for optimization of manufacturing output.
- Assesses each employee’s abilities and skills to match with capabilities required for each area of the manufacturing floor.
- Continuously monitors and tracks output, manufacturing processes, labor efficiencies, direct operating expenses and quality indicators for assigned cost centers.
- Measures performance and quality.
- Drives positive results in operational Key Process Indicators.
- Establishes and builds working relationships with other departmental personnel, such as Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, Planning and Quality to meet production schedules
- Meets regularly on a formal basis with Management Team to review production results and improvement priorities.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Technical Science or equivalent Experience.
- 5 years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, Labor Laws.
- Conflict Resolution Management, Time Management.
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational, problem solving, teamwork interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems.
- Ability to seek a team approach.
- Ability to give guidance and direction as required.
- Ability to set direction, make decisions and oversee the line with little to no direct supervision.
- Solid computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite.
- Availability to support/operate on off shifts as required.
- Ability to deliver business results both independently and through others.
Job Reference #: 3242