Production Supervisor, Paint Department
- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Supervisor in the Paint Department is responsible for supervising operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for productions schedules and posting of daily work assignments based upon production needs and individual strengths. Must be shop floor orientated and provide “hands-on” product/process support for all reports on a daily basis. This individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement of assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
• All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, Local, Provincial and/or Federal rules and regulations and if applicable Collective Agreement.
• Communicates, trains, guides and coaches employees to achieve operational initiatives that optimize team efforts in the manufacturing of high quality products.
• Evaluates interpersonal skills, provides feedback and recommends as well as methods to improve interpersonal communications.
• Schedules and assigns personnel to work according to the demand of the manufacturing schedules.
• Continually assesses the limitations of equipment capacity and materials supply to directly make adjustments to personal for optimization of manufacturing output.
• Assesses each employee’s abilities and skills to match with capabilities required for each area of the manufacturing floor.
• Continuously monitors and tracks output, manufacturing processes, labour efficiencies, direct operating expenses and quality indicators for assigned cost centers.
• Measures performance and quality.
• Drives positive results in operational Key Process Indicators.
• Establishes and builds working relationships with other departmental personnel, such as Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, Planning and Quality to meet production schedules.
• Meets regularly on a formal basis with Management Team to review production results and improvement priorities.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Trained on work instructions and easily identifies location of work instructions in department
- Supervises paint mixture formulas
- Supervises the planning and programs sequence of tasks for robots in spray paint booths
- Monitors controls for temperature, paint supply and conveyor speeds
- Inspects painted surfaces for paint coverage, flow of paint, and color quality
- Supervises thickness and viscosity of paint applied to objects
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Establishes or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and the use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
• 1-3 years’ related work experience
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Labour Laws.
• Conflict Resolution Management and Time Management.
• Strong communication, presentation, organizational, problem solving, teamwork interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems.
• Ability to seek a team approach.
• Ability to give guidance and direction as required.
• Ability to set direction, make decisions and oversee the line with little to no direct supervision.
• Solid computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite.
• Availability to support/operate on off shifts as required.
• Ability to deliver business results both independently and through others.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.