- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Production Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring best practice(s) in demand planning, inventory planning, production planning and supply planning. He/she will plan an inventory reduction strategies. This position will work closely with the Manufacturing and Materials teams. Production Scheduler shall be responsible for coordinating the activities of production and operation workers, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. The Production Scheduler shall ensure that production schedules are created and completed on time, and within budget, in order to meet Customer Quality and Delivery requirements
- Prepare daily production schedules
- Issue all work orders per production schedule
- Participate with Material Requirement Planning improvements/implementation team
- Assist with Cycle counting/Bar Coding
- Ensure integrity of Data Entry
- Train staff to function in their absence
- Participate with Inventories.
- Estimate materials and labour required for production
- Co-ordinate activities with warehouse and production units
- Co-ordinate traffic flow of supplies
- Monitor production progress
- Compile worksheets and specifications of orders
- Prepare and maintain progress and other reports
- Create, maintain, and ensure execution of the Production Schedule
- Review long-term forecasts to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints and grievances
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
- Minimum grade 12 and
- ASQC accreditation; or
- Two years work experience in a production environment
- Team player within multi-disciplined team.
- Strong organizational skill set
- Experience in cross functional team
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
- Experience in managing third-party service providers
- Strong computer skills
- Able to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic diary/minutes management
- Knowledge of local and federal regulations and ordinances
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and decision making skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.