- # of Openings
- Materials Planner
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Production Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring best practice(s) in demand planning, inventory planning, production planning and supply planning. He/she will plan inventory reduction strategies. This position will work closely with the Manufacturing and Materials teams. Production Scheduler shall be responsible for coordinating the activities of production and operation workers. The Production Scheduler ensures that production schedules are created and completed on time, and within budget, in order to meet Customer Quality and Delivery requirements.
- Prepare daily production schedules
- Scheduling of all packaging required to meet Production Schedule needs.
- Issue all work orders per production schedule
- Participate with Material Requirement Planning improvements
- Assist with Cycle counting/Bar Coding
- Ensure integrity of Data Entry
- Train staff to function in their absence
- Participate with Inventories.
- Estimate materials and labor required for production
- Coordinate activities with warehouse and production units
- Coordinate traffic flow of supplies
- Monitor production progress
- Compile worksheets and specifications of orders
- Prepare and maintain progress and other reports
- Create, maintain, and ensure execution of the Production Schedule
- Review long-term forecasts to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Enforce safety regulations
- Increase worker efficiency and production rates
- Ensure that work orders are completed in a timely fashion, within budget
- Work with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within and between departments
- Review demand and supply to understand bottleneck and propose alternative capacity or areas needing capacity improvement to meet demand.
- Participate in business planning meetings to plan out activities in future time periods.
- Constantly look for improvements and help implement solutions.
- Perform ongoing analysis of weekly, monthly and future capacity to optimize product level loading and achieve manufacturing continuity during low and high volume months.
- Manage cycle count activities to ensure proper counts are conducted and the inventory is accurate.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records / reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- ASQC accreditation; or
- Two years’ work experience in a production environment
- Team player within multi-disciplined team.
- Strong organizational skill set
- Experience in cross functional team
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
- Experience in managing third-party service providers
- Strong computer skills
- Able to maintain filing systems and databases
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and decision making skills
- Meticulous records maintenance skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Inventory Control
- Ability of prioritize
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.