- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Chicago, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Production Operator is reponsibly for the assembly of quality parts. Primary responsibilites are to assemble parts, inspect parts, identify common defects and make adjustments as needed.
A crew: Monday - Thursday; 6am to 4:30pm (as late as 6pm) Some Sundays required
B crew: Tuesday - Friday; 6pm to 4:30am (as late as 6am) Some Saturdays required
C crew: Friday & Saturday; 6am to 4:30pm (as late as 6pm) and Sunday & Monday; 6pm to 4:30pm (as late as 6am)
$15/hr starting pay
• Must maintain a safe and clean work environment while complying with the departmental procedures regarding safety and environmental policies.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Perform job at required rate.
• Make adjustments to parts as needed to ensure quality parts. This may include but is not limited to cutting excess material from parts, marking parts, removing parts from conveyor, inserting clips onto parts.
• Follow all work instructions.
• Pack parts, ensuring quantity and quality meets standard requirement.
• Scan information and utilize Flex-N-Gate computer systems.
• Inspect parts and identify common defects.
• General awareness and knowledge of TS16949/ISO14001, environmental standards, and how it affects the department.
• Good attendance is critical.
• Proficient in mathematics.
• Basic computer skills with ability to learn Flex-N-Gate computer systems
• Ability to Read and understand instructions.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to work within deadlines.
• Must have high attention to detail and organized in approach.
• Must be flexible and able to work all shifts and hours, including overtime with little or no notice.
• Must be able to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
• Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment requirements.
• Ideal candidate will have a minimum of six months solid previous manufacturing experience.
• Physical Requirements Include:
o Constant: Standing, Grasping, Reaching, Lifting, Carrying
o Frequent: Twisting, Bending, Walking
o Must be able to lift to racks ranging up to 60" from floor
o Pushing totes up to 135 lbs
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.