- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
A Production Operator will be responsibile for playing a role in molding, assembling, sorting and inspecting automotive parts.
***Flex-N-Gate is looking for production operators for future product launches. The number of openings, shifts, departments available as well as start dates will vary depending on our customers. Target start dates for these positions are expected to be sometime in May 2021. Individuals selected for an interview will receive more information about timing of these launches***.
- Affixes foam pieces to components parts, ensuring proper placement.
- Affixes clips, mylar, and cut-line seals to plastic parts, ensuring they are fully affixed and in the correct location.
- Use of hand tools such as swivel knives when required.
- Operators ultrasonic welder and plastic grinding machine.
- Performs general inspection tasks, takes appropriate action to remove non-conforming product from the line.
- Packs finished items into totes or cardboard containers, in the correct quantities. Ensures correct label is properly placed on container.
- Can move finished containers to the proper location for pick-up using pallet-jacks.
- Demonstrates ability to work safely and meet quality and production requirements.
- Maintains work area to ensure efficient flow of material and orderly workstations.
- Understands and follows all organizational policies, procedures and rules.
- Must be able to work in excess of forty hours per week on any shift when necessary.
- Consistently demonstrates prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs job functions according to job instructions.
- Demonstrates effective working relationships with others in situations involving teamwork, remains respectful in communications with all levels of personnel, visitors and vendors.
- Respects the rights of all employees to fair treatment and equal opportunity, free from discrimination or harassment of any type.
- Complies with all safety expectations and contributes to a safe working environment for themselves and other employees.
- Performs other duties as directed
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have basic reading, math and reasoning skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to mult-task and follow work schedule.
- Stand for a minimum of 8 hours per shift.
- Perform repetitive arm/hand motions, frequent bending, twisting or stretching.
- Must be able to occasionally crouch, walk and lift up to 25 pounds.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.