Production Manager - Packaging
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Packaging Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of the Packaging department production and operation workers. The Packaging Manager will be held accountable for the department's production schedule and efficient completion of orders within the approved budget. Other duties, relevant to the position, will be assigned as required.
- Manage, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of the Packaging production workers who operate machines, fabricate, assemble, finish or inspect parts and products.
- Establish methods to meet production and work schedules through the co-ordination of work activities with other departments.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Request materials and supplies.
- Train employees on, and ensure adherence to, job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Monitor, assess and manage employee performance.
- Prepare various production reports.
- Educate, monitor and ensure Health & Safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
- Must have experience with the production shipping process.
- Coordinate machine and set-up planning to meet production plan.
- Lead the daily activities of the production, process engineers and technicians.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.