Production General Labor
- # of Openings
- Ventra Fowlerville, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The GL assigned to these duties will be accountable for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and dining room and public areas.
- Keep all material and components properly identified and in their designated areas.
- Trim, flame, or make any other required adjustments to the raw parts.
- Install components as required with high quality standards.
- Load and unload product to and from carriers
- Place product into designated containers according to customer specification and company procedures.
- Follow all applicable work and packaging instructions.
- Consistently inspect parts throughout the process to ensure defect free production.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area in accordance with company standards.
- Alert supervisor, manager or team leader if complications or defects occur with the parts.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, IATF, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Maintain 5S Standards for department.
- Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. Ability to read, write and speak English effectively. Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer needs, meeting quality standards for products and services.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their use and maintenance
- Knowledge of tools and principles involved in production of product.
- Possess basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work assigned shift and overtime as needed.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify basic problems and communicate them to supervisory personnel.
- Ability to use equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Must be able to perform tasks and deliver high quality parts up to customer standards.
- Must demonstrate 5S standards according to department.
- Understand and follow plant safety rules and regulations.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.